We're choosing THREE people to win this book for free! Entering is easy:
- Entries must be received by Thursday, May 14, 2015 at midnight PST.
- Three winners will be chosen at random on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at midnight PST.
- Each winner will receive an e-book download of From Graduation to Career Ready in 21 Days: A Guide for English Majors via email. The download includes a high resolution PDF, ePub, and Mobi files. Compatible with iOS, Android, Kindle, Nook, and more.
- All entrants agree that by entering the contest, they are giving permission to have their email address added to the Dear English Major mailing list. Emails are never shared, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Entering is easy. Simply fill out the form below and visit our Facebook page using the link in the form. Winners will be contacted via email on Friday, May 15, 2015.
If you have an English degree and are ready to find your first full-time job, then this book is for you. This simple, detailed guide is packed with the information and resources English majors need to successfully navigate the job search process in 21 days.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- how to find the right jobs to apply for
- what you need to know about marketing yourself online
- how to make yourself a more appealing candidate
- what to do after you’ve received a job offer
...and everything in between.
When the competition for jobs is fierce, you can’t afford to cut corners. We show you exactly how to stand out and set yourself up for success: follow the instructions we provide each day in order to stay focused, make the most of your time, and ultimately land the job you’ve set your sights on.
The Amazon reviews are in...
I wish I had this resource as an English-ish major, back when I was totally panicked about my future and questioning the validity of my degree. Alyssa was gainfully employed almost immediately after graduating with her English degree, and in the few years since has begun to build a veritable empire—this girl knows exactly what she's talking about. "From Graduation to Career Ready in 21 Days" breaks an enormously daunting application/preparation process into manageable, bite-sized pieces. This book reads like an encouraging email from an older sister or mentor—there is so much positivity woven into sage, tried-and-true advice, and the pages turn quickly. A must-read for anyone soon graduating with a degree in the arts—or anyone looking for a new job of any kind, even 15 years out of school.
I'm only a few pages into the book but I love it as the book is straight forward and insightful. I visit the authors web site and purchased the book based on everything she has posted there. I've used her information for job applications and while interviewing. Each time the information has helped me greatly. Looking forward to finishing the book this week!
I wish this book existed when I was a senior in college! Transitioning from the college bubble into the real world is one big confusing and scary mystery, especially for liberal arts majors. UNTIL NOW. Seriously, Alyssa is the career coach I always wanted! She walks you through exactly how to leverage the skills you've worked so hard to earn in college and make them work for you in the job search. Her advice is practical, insightul and most importantly, actionable. You'll walk away from every chapter knowing exactly what to do and feeling empowered and excited to move onto the next chapter of life. I would recommend this book not only to English majors, but anyone with a liberal arts degree.
This book is AWESOME for anyone with an English Major coming out of college. Not only does it give you all the information you need to actually get a job after graduation, but the way it's structured makes it totally doable even when still in school. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who will soon be graduating with an English degree!